Chillicothe Fire Fighters Respond To Two Fires
Chillicothe Fire Fighters responded to two fire calls Wednesday.
At about 7:15, a grease fire was reported at 926 Cherry. The owner stated they were heating the grease in a propane Turkey Fryer to cook a Turkey and when they came out to check on it and it was on fire. The fryer was not near a structure so there was no fire extension. A fire extinguisher was used and the lid for the pot to extinguish the fire. The fire crew was on the scene for about 15 minutes.
At about 9:30, the fire department was called to 903 Sunnyview for a grass fire. The fire crew arrived and were told fireworks has lit a grass fire in an 8 foot by 8 foot area. The fire was out when the fire crew arrived. They were on the scene for 6 minutes.