Trenton Fire Department

Trenton Fire fighters were called to a home in the 3900 block of East 10th Wednesday evening, on a report of smoke in a home.  The fire crew arrived to find no smoke of fire from the outside, but inside they found a light haze of smoke.  A water extinguisher and thermal imaging camera were used to locate the fire in the basement.  Power was turned off to the basement and the fire crew found a light fixture in the basement ignited and burned part of a floor joist and subfloor.  Water was used to put out the fire.

The fire crew also used fans to clear smoke from the home.

The report states the fire crew was on the scene for about 2 hours and 45 minutes.  The cause was identified as faulty wiring in the light fixture.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.