Trenton Fire Fighters Responded To Two Calls Friday

The Trenton Fire Department responded to two calls Friday.

At about 3:50 pm, the Trenton Fire Fighters responded to a report of light smoke in a home in the 500 block of Monroe Street.  They arrived to find light smoke and a discolored spot on the ceiling in a bedroom.  A thermal imaging camera confirmed the fire and the fire crew created a small access hole into the attic and used a minimal amount of water to put out the fire and not cause additional damage.  They were on the scene for 70 minutes.

At about 8:00 pm Friday, Trenton Fire Fighters were called to the 1500 block of Nichols for a report of a gas leak.  The occupants were out of the home when the fire crew arrived.  Detection meters were used to check the home and a large amount of natural gas was detected in the area of the furnace.  The gas was shut off and power to the furnace was disconnected.  Fans were used to remove gas from the home and the fire crew was on the scene for about 30 minutes.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.