Smoke Reported At Grand River Health Care

The Chillicothe Fire Department responded to a report of smoke at the Grand River Health Building at about 5:30 this morning.  The report stated smoke was seen in the Med room, but when the fire crew arrived in about five minutes there was no smoke, but there was a smell of burned electrical.

Assistant Fire Chief Eric Reeter says a thermal imaging camera was used and they found the electric motor in the furnace near that location had failed and the breaker had tripped.

The employees were instructed to have the furnace fixed before turning on the power.

The fire crew was on the scene for about 15 minutes.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.