Smoke At Apartment Building Summons Fire Department

Smoke in an apartment building at 525 Jackson Street summoned Chillicothe Fire Fighters Wednesday evening.  The Fire Department received the call about 9:15 and arrived in three minutes with both aerial trucks to find smoke in the building and most of the residents out of the building.  They determined the smoke was coming from a second-floor apartment.  That apartment was full of smoke and windows had been opened.  They found a small pot of beans on the stove that had boiled dry.  Fans were used to clear the smoke and the fire crew was on the scene for 20 minutes.

The resident state she had put the beans on the stove, gotten a call and left, forgetting about the beans.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

thirteen + 13 =