Apartment Fire In Chillicothe

Chillicothe Fire Fighters responded to a fire at an apartment in the 1400 block of Alexander Street Sunday at about 9:20 pm.  They arrived at the location in three minutes to find the fire was in a bathroom and a resident had used a shower head to put out the fire.

The report states the incident began with a verbal argument and a juvenile locked themselves in the bathroom.  When they left the room, they shut and locked the door.  A fire alarm was sounding and the resident entered the bathroom to find the shower curtain and clothing were burning.  They turned on the shower to put out the flames.

The fire department checked the walls and attic for hotspots or other damage.  Fans were used to clear the smoke and the fire department was on the scene for about 40 minutes.

One comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

17 + nineteen =