Filling A Vacancy On The City Council

When A Chillicothe City Council Representative resigns before the end of their term, the City of Chillicothe has a process to fill the vacancy.  City Administrator Darin Chappell says the announcement by 3rd Ward Councilman Michael Smith that he was moving from the 3rd Ward triggered the start of the process.

Chappell says the Mayor wants to fill the position at the next City Council meeting.

That person must reside in the 3rd Ward.  If you are interested in serving as the 3rd Ward City Council Representative or if you have questions, call City Hall at 646-2424.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

1 × 5 =