Trenton Rural Fire Call

The Trenton Fire Department received a call to 1111 Rural Street at about 9:20 pm Wednesday.  The fire fighters arrived to find no sign of fire outside and only light smoke inside the home.  They used thermal imaging cameras to find the source of the smoke and determine it was an electrical outlet.  They were told a lamp had been plugged into the outlet.  The outlet overheated and caused smoke, setting off the smoke detectors.

Power to the outlet was disconnected and the fire crew advised the resident to have an electrician repair the problem.  They were back in service in 45 minutes.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *