Fire Call To Strand Hotel

Chillicothe Fire Fighters were called to the Strand Hotel Apartment Friday morning.  The call came in about 6:25 am and the fire crew arrived in about 5 minutes to find no sign of fire from outside the building, the alarm panel showed fire in apartment 203, the fire-fighters checked and found smoke in the hall, and the crew found the fire was out.  Five letters were found that had burned as a result of an unattended cigarette that caught the mail on fire.  A fire extinguisher was used by the resident to put out the fire and the fire crew used a fan to clear the smoke.  They were on the scene for about nine minutes.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.