Fire Crews Respond To Grill Fire

A fire on a bar-b-que grill Monday night summoned Chillicothe Fire Fighters to a home in the 100 block of Brunswick Street.  The call came in about 7:33 and the fire crew arrived in two minutes to find flames coming from the grill.  The owner said they tried to shut off the propane, but it was too hot.

The fire crew turned off the propane and used a water extinguisher to put out the fire.  They moved the grill away from the home and checked the house for damage, removing a few wooden clapboards to check behind.

They told the resident to move the grill away from the house next time.  The fire crew was on the scene for about 15 minutes.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.