The Missouri Department of Transportation made announcements on three projects for the area counties.
US 36 in Caldwell Co
The resurfacing project on US 36 in Caldwell County will soon move into the next phase of construction. MoDOT and Magruder Paving, LLC are completing the resurfacing of the westbound lanes of US 36 from the Livingston County line to Route 13 in Hamilton.
Pavement repairs began April 7th and the work will continue as the contractor begins the asphalt portion of the project on Monday. Motorists will find single-lane closures in multiple locations within the project limits. Some lane closures could remain up around-the-clock, to allow the pavement to cure.
A 14-foot width restriction will be in place for the duration of the project.
The contractor plans to complete all work by the end of June and Traffic control and message boards will be in place alerting motorists of the work and planned lane closures.
Route U Culvert Replacements
A portion of Route U in Sullivan County will close in two locations for culvert replacements. Local maintenance crews from the Missouri Department of Transportation will close the road:
- Thursday, from Shelby Road to Route NN, 7 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Friday, from Route NN to Tower Road, 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
All work is weather permitting and subject to change. During this closure, motorists will need to use an alternate route.
Scrub Seal Work Through The Summer
The Missouri Department of Transportation will begin preventive maintenance on several roads. The work will take place between now and early October. Vance Brothers was awarded the contract to scrub seal routes beginning Monday. Crews will work daylight hours, Monday through Friday. Some work may be necessary on Saturdays in order to complete the project on time.
The project includes several counties and will work across the routes. The work scheduled in the local counties includes:
- July 23 – 24: Route 190 in Daviess County and Grundy County to Route F
- July 29 – 30: Route W in Grundy County from Route 6 to Livingston County)
- July 31 – Aug. 6: Route 190 in Daviess and Livingston counties from Route V to US 65
- 7 – 10: Route V in Daviess County (Route 6 to Route 190)
- 11 – 26: Route 13 in Daviess and Caldwell counties (Route 6 to Ray County)
- 27 – Sept. 3: Route 116 in Caldwell County from Route D to Route A
- 16 – 25: Route 11 in Linn and Chariton counties from US 24 to US 36
- 28 – Oct. 1: Route 5 in Chariton County from US 24 to Howard County
This preventative maintenance treatment will rejuvenate the road surface and help to extend the life of the roadway by filling and sealing cracks in the existing asphalt with an emulsified asphalt/aggregate seal.