Taking Care Of You – a stress management class offered by the University of Missouri will begin next week. This Extension program offers practical strategies for dealing with stress and life challenges.
The program was developed by an interdisciplinary MU Extension team. The research-based program focuses on positive psychology and mindfulness in online sessions held over eight weeks. Participants learn concepts and practical strategies they can incorporate into their everyday lives through small group discussion, self-reflection, and group activities. The program teaches ways to:
- Take better care of body, mind and spirit health
- Become more aware of the mind-body connection, and how to use this awareness for better health
- Respond rather than react to life’s stressors
- Discover opportunities in life’s challenges
- Develop habits that can lead to better health
- Find ways to bring more joy into life
- Simplify life
- Live more in the moment
Registration is available online or you may contact the Mercer County Extension office at 660-748-3315 through June 17th. Participants can choose between two different times.