Weekend Stove Fire

The Chillicothe Fire Department responded to a report of a stove fire Saturday at about 3:35 pm and arrived at the David Barner home at 208 Hillcrest a minute later.  They found the residents had been boiling a large pan of water and grease build-up under the drip pan ignited.  A lid was put over the burner and the burner was turned off before the fire department arrived.

Fans were used to remove a light haze of smoke from the home.

The firefighters were on the scene for less than 10 minutes.

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.