Fire Department Responds To Grease Fire

Chillicothe Fire Fighters responded to a grease fire at a home on Shawnee Drive Tuesday evening.  The call came in at about 6:50 pm and the fire crew arrived in four minutes all of the occupants outside and smoke in the apartment.  The resident was heating up a pan on the stove and got distracted.  When she returned to the kitchen, the grease in the pan was on fire and the apartment was filling with smoke.  She stated she threw the pan in the sink and left the apartment.

The fire crew entered the apartment to find heavy smoke throughout and the stove still on.  Fans were used to remove the smoke.  The fire crew was on the scene for less than 20 minutes.

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.