FEMA COVID Funeral Funding
The Federal Emergency Management Agency or FEMA announced Funeral Assistance Funding for those whose death may have been caused by or was likely the result of COVID-19. To qualify for the reimbursement funding of up to $9,000 per funeral, you must be a U.S. citizen, non-citizen national, or a qualified alien who paid for funeral expenses after January 20, 2020.
To apply, you need to call the COVID-19 Funeral Assistance Number 844-684-9333, Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm Eastern.
Covered expenses may include:
• Travel to identify the deceased individual
• Transfer of remains
• Casket or urn, Burial plot or cremation niche, Marker or headstone, Clergy or officiant services, Arrangement of the funeral ceremony, Use of funeral home equipment or staff
• Cremation or interment costs,
• Costs associated with producing and certifying multiple death certificates
• Additional expenses mandated by any applicable local or state government laws or ordinances
You can not be reimbursed for prearranged funeral expenses. Only one reimbursement application will be accepted per funeral.