Stream KCHI Live 24/7!

Electrical Short in Holiday Decorations Causes Grass Fire

The Chillicothe Fire Fighters responded to a report of a grass fire at a home at 1661 Polk Street.  The call came in Saturday at about 6:45 pm and the fire department arrived in about 4 minutes to find shrubs and ground leaf cover on fire. Water and fire extinguishers were used to put out the fire in the shrubs in and around the area between houses.

The cause of the fire was a short circuit of wiring in Christmas decorations in the shrubs and a spotlight.

%d bloggers like this:
%d bloggers like this: