Stream KCHI Live 24/7!

Chillicothe Fire Department Provides Update On Fatal Fire

The fire Friday evening at 114 Henry that took the life of an elderly woman remains under investigation by the State Fire Marshall.  Chillicothe Fire Chief Eric Reeter says the initial report indicates the fire was most likely caused by a faulty electrical cord of a heating device.

The investigators will continue to assess the evidence, but at this time there is nothing in the initial investigation leading them to consider any type of suspicious activity.

The name of the victim will not be released out of respect for the family.

%d bloggers like this:
%d bloggers like this: