Chillicothe Fire Fighters responded to the 900 block of State Street, west of the Chillicothe Middle School, for a garage fire. The call came in Thursday at about 10:15 pm and the fire crew arrived in three minutes to find smoke coming from the attached garage.
Everyone was out of the house and there were no injuries.
Firefighters used 1,000 gallons of water and foam to put out the fire. The cause of the fire was found to be a malfunctioning freezer.
The fire crews were on the scene for an hour and 20 minutes.