Crowder Offers Dutch Oven Cooking Contest For Campers
Campers at Crowder State Park are invited to participate in the 2022 Dutch oven cooking contest weekend. Crowder State Park officials invite you to make your reservations for the contest weekend of September 17th. Campers will need to register for the contest by Saturday, Sept.17 at 10 a.m. by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contestants will need to provide the following information: campsite number, name, youth or adult entry and contest category, which includes main meal, chili or soup, dessert, bread.
Awards will be given for the judge’s favorite and fan favorite. For more information, call 660-359-6473.
The schedule for the contest weekend is as follows:
Friday, Sept. 16
- 3 p.m. – Check into your reserved campsite. Dust off your Dutch ovens and check your supplies for your favorite Dutch oven recipes.
Saturday, Sept. 17
- 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. – Take a stroll through the campground to see and smell what everyone is making. Trade hints, ideas and recipes with your fellow campers. Drop you entry for the fan favorite in the box located outside the check station trailer.
- 4-5 p.m. – Two judges will begin tasting the entries.
- 6:30 p.m. – Contest winners will be announced at the campground amphitheater.
Sunday, Sept. 18
- Pack up and head for home with new recipes to try at your next campout.