The public is invited to Explore the trails at Crowder State Park in guided tours scheduled through the month of October. Seven guided hikes are planned. They include:
- 10 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 1 – on the North Thompson Trail, passing by the Thompson Cemetery, the Thompson House and the Thompson River.
- 4 p.m. Sunday Oct. 2 – on the Tall Oaks Trail.
- 10 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 8 – on the Tall Oaks Trail. This 3.2-mile loop travels through a mature woodland, a mesic bottomland forest, along the shoreline of Crowder Lake and through an old field.
- 10 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 15 – on the River Forks Trail. This 2-mile loop allows hikers to travel hilly terrain through a woodland of loess and glacial till soils.
- 10 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 22 – on the South Thompson Trail. This 7-mile hike will allow visitors to travel on a portion of Tall Oak Trail, Connector 2, Connector 3 and a portion of South Thompson Trail.
- 4 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 23 – on the Redbud Trail.
- 10 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 29 – on the Redbud Trail. This 2-mile hike allows visitors to travel into an area of the park similar to the Ozark highlands of Southern Missouri.
Crowder State Park is located at 76 NW Highway 128 in Trenton. For more information, call 660-359-6473.