Weekend Stove Fire

The Chillicothe Fire Department responded to a report of a stove fire Saturday at about 3:35 pm and arrived at the David Barner home at 208 Hillcrest a minute later.  They found the residents had been boiling a large pan of water and grease build-up under the drip pan ignited.  A lid was put over the burner and the burner […]

Read more

Two Arrested Following Incident That Started In Linn County

What began Tuesday morning with a residential burglary in Linn County ended with several agencies involved and two arrests in Caldwell County.  At about 8:50 am, the Linn County Sheriff’s department was pursuing a vehicle on westbound US 36, and the Livingston County Sheriff’s Department was alerted.  After the vehicle had eluded Linn County Deputies, it was learned the vehicle […]

Read more

Combine Destroyed By Fire

Chillicothe Fire Fighters responded to a Combine Fire in a field on LIV 269. North of LIV 230, north of Wheeling.  The call came in Tuesday at about 12:49 and the fire crew arrived in 20 minutes for find the combine on fire in the field. Firefighters used 700 gallons of water to put out the fire.  Wheeling Fire arrived […]

Read more

Oven Fire Summons Fire Fighters

The Chillicothe Fire Department responded to an oven fire Tuesday at about 11:55 pm.  The call was to the 900 block of Fairway and the fire crew arrived in three minutes to find nothing showing on the outside of the building.  The resident was standing at the front door and explained something got on the lower element and she used […]

Read more

Grass Fire South of Chillicothe

A grass fire south of Chillicothe burned about 10 acres Monday afternoon.  Chillicothe firefighters received the call about 3:30 pm to a location a mile west of US 65 on LIV 426.  They arrived about five minutes later and found the fire on the south side of the road.  They used leaf blowers and about 300 gallons of water to […]

Read more

Truck Fire Monday Afternoon

Chillicothe Fire Fighters were called for a truck fire Monday afternoon.  The call came in about 12:55 pm to a business at 801 South Washington Street.  The Fire Department arrived in four minutes to find a pick-up with the hood up and the owner was using a garden hose to cool the engine area.  The fire had been in the […]

Read more
1 2 3 12