Clay Street Fire on Friday

The Chillicothe Department of Emergency Services responded to Clay Street at 7:00pm Friday on a report of smoke coming from the back of an Apartment building. Two Fire Engines responded to the 500 block of Clay Street where a pile of spilled wood ashes from an outside wood stove had fallen against the structure.
Firemen removed electrical meter covers for precautionary reasons and the natural gas meter was shut off. Firemen used a fire tarp to protect electrical components from water.
The outer lap siding was removed to get to the burning structure and sheet rock removed from interior walls and ceiling. All burnt studs in the walls were extinguished and the floor opened up due to no access to the crawl space. The structure was ventilated to remove smoke.
Firemen used 600 gallons of water and foam to extinguish the fire. Officials were on the scene for one hour.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.