Fire At Hibner Saw Mill

Chillicothe Fire fighters responded to a report of smoke at the Hibner Saw Mill, at 14231 Route CC.  The call came in Monday at about 3:25 pm and the fire crew arrived at about 3:33 to find smoldering saw dust along the inside of the north wall.  The owner said they had a fire they thought was out and they wanted the fire crew to wet down the area.  The fire crew used 150 gallons of water and foam to put out the fire that had started from a shorted electrical line.

The fire crew was on the scene for about 30 minutes.

The electric company was on site to make repairs.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.