Fire Department Responds To Barnabas Home

A kitchen fire was reported this morning at the Barnabas Home, located at 1301 Monroe Street.  Chillicothe Fire Fighters responded to the alarm that came in at about 8:11 am and arrived three minutes later with a pumper and ladder truck.  The report states the sprinkler system in the kitchen was activated when they arrived and there was no fire showing.

The fire department turned off the sprinkler system, leaving about three inches of water on the floor outside the kitchen.  Gas was also shut off to the cook stove.

Some of the residence stated they also heard the explosion from the floor above the kitchen and there was some evidence of a small explosion in the kitchen.

The State Fire Marshall, Adam Crouch, was called to the scene.  The gas utility checked the service and shut off the gas service to the building after finding numerous leaks in the building. The investigation of the fire continues under the direction of the Fire Marshall.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.