MoDOT Urges Caution In Winter Weather
With the winter Weather Advisory and Winter Storm Warnings issued for much of the state, the Missouri Department of Transportation advises motorist to allow extra time for any travel plans for this afternoon and overnight.
If you must travel, check the MoDOT traveler information map for road conditions and adjust your route as needed.
MoDOT has also offered several safety tips for those that will be on the road.
- Please wear your seat belt and don’t drive distracted. Buckle Up Phone Down.
- Slow down and adjust your speed to the conditions. Do not use your cruise control.
- Keep mirrors, windows and lights clean.
- If your wipers are on, keep your headlights on. It’s the law.
- Stay at least six car lengths back from snowplows and equipment. Plowed snow can create a cloud that can blind drivers following too closely.
- If you encounter car troubles or are involved in a crash, please remain in your vehicle.
If you are on the road and find you need assistance, you can dial *55 and you will be connected to the nearest Highway Patrol. In an emergency, call 911 and be prepared to give them as much detail on your location as possible.