fbpx

Stream KCHI Live 24/7!

House Fire In Chillicothe

A report of a fire at 1504 Jackson Street Sunday night included a report of a resident still inside.  The call came in about 11:25 pm and the Chillicothe Fire Department arrived three minutes later with the new ladder truck and engine 1.  The Chillicothe Police Department reported the resident was refusing to leave but was removed from the basement apartment.  Smoke was coming from the basement door.  The electric and gas utilities were turned off and the fire crew extinguished the fire in the bedroom using about 100 gallons of water.  CMU was called to shut off the water to the home due to leaks following the fire.

Fans were used to remove the smoke.  The fire crew was on the scene for about an hour and 20 minutes.  They turned the scene over to the State Fire Marshal’s Office.

 

%d bloggers like this:
%d bloggers like this: