Firefighters Respond To Fire In Oven

The Chillicothe Fire Department was called to the 1200 block of Hogan for an oven fire Wednesday night.  The call came in about 7:35 pm and the fire department arrived in four minutes to find no smoke or sign of fire.  The resident told the fire crew the fire was in the oven.  They found very little smoke in the apartment.  In the oven, they found a pan with chicken that was on fire.

The resident state they had placed the chicken on paper towels on the pan and put it in the oven at 150 degrees to keep it warm.

The pan was removed and placed outside.  Fans were used to clear the smoke and the fire crew was back in service in 10 minutes.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.