ADA Sidewalk Projects Begin Monday
The MoDOT sidewalk projects that were planned for earlier this summer will begin next week in Salisbury.
The project to help ensure compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is partially funded through the Transportation Alternatives Program, with the Missouri Department of Transportation providing the remaining funding. The project will improve sidewalks and other facilities in Salisbury, Keytesville, and Chillicothe.
Ti-Zack Concrete, Inc. was contracted to complete the improvement project, and all work must be complete on or before October. If the project extends beyond that date, liquidated damages may be assessed.
Areas of improvement, by city:
Salisbury – begins Monday, Aug. 23
- West side of Route 129 beginning at Iowa Street and continuing to just north of Lusher Street
- Northeast corner of Route 129 and East 6th Street
- West side of Route 129 from East 6th Street to Peace Evangelical Lutheran Church
Keytesville – scheduled to begin Wednesday, Sept. 1
- South side of U.S. Route 24 between Cherry and Walnut streets, in front of the Chariton County Courthouse
- South side of U.S. Route 24 between Ridge and Park streets, in front of the Chariton County Health Center
- East side of Route 5 near Bridge Street
- Northwest corner of Route 5 and Bridge Street
Chillicothe – scheduled to begin Monday, Sept. 13
- At the corner of Route 190 and Hornet Road